Louisiana Purchase Integrated Unit for Computer Technology & Art - “Every Picture Tells a Story”
BEFORE DO ANYTHING ELSE, COPY THIS CHECKLIST TO AN OPEN OFFICE TEXT DOCUMENT. SAVE THE DOCUMENT. YOU WILL USE THE DOCUMENT/CHECKLIST TO GUIDE YOU THROUGH THIS PROJECT. AS YOU FINISH EACH STEP, TYPE '*' IN FRONT OF EACH NUMBER. THIS WILL KEEP YOU ON TRACK AND ENSURE THAT YOU HAVE NOT SKIPPED ANY STEPS.
1. Use the Internet to find a drawing, painting, or engraving directly related to the La. Purchase.
2. Get the teacher’s permission to use this graphic
3. Bookmark (save as a Favorite) the webpage where the graphic is found
4. Begin an Open Office Presentation; Slide 1 – copy and paste the image
5. Include the title of the image
6. Include the artist’s name
7. Include the year the image was created
8. Include your name
9. Include the date you created this slide
10. Begin Slide 2 – Explain exactly what is going on in your image; who is this person or who are these people? . You may need to do more Internet research to find the information you need for Slide 2. Be sure to Bookmark any webpages used so that you can cite them later.
11. What is going on in this picture?
12. When is this taking place?
13. Where is this happening?
14. Why is this important?
15. How did this come to be?
16. Begin Slide 3 – Include information about the artist who created the image. You may need to do more Internet research to find this information. Be sure to Bookmark any webpages used so that you can cite them later.
17. Begin Slide 4 –Include information about the “medium” used by the artist (drawing, painting, engraving). You may need to do more Internet research to find this information. Be sure to Bookmark any webpages used so that you can cite them later.
18. Begin Slide 5 – Write a brief description of something/s new you learned through this research.
19. Begin Slide 6 -- Cite all sources (all
webpages used). Include both the name of the webpage and the URL. Refer to your
Bookmarks for this information
20. Use the Grading Rubric to check your work.
21. Present your Slide Show to the Class
22. Pat yourself on the back for a job well done.